Christmas celebrations are incomplete without having a Christmas tree at your home or at least decorating a Christmas tree before your house.Though most of us nowadays go for artificial Christmas trees which can stay fresh forever, there is nothing like a real Christmas tree being decorated at your home.
If you have any plan to buy a Christmas tree then this is the perfect time. You can get useful tips on purchasing Christmas tree on a friendship blog that I have just visited. Don't miss it.
While decorating an original Christmas tree, certain precautions needs to be taken to keep the tree fresh and avoid any unwanted situations.
- Always buy a fresh tree. The needles pulled from a fresh fir tree would snap when bent, but the needles of pine and spruces are not easy to pull off from branches and should not break easily.
- Protect the tree from sun and wind and keep the bottom of the tree under water. Before you put the tree in water, cut an inch from the bottom to make the tree soak water well.
- On Christmas, one should place the tree away from the fireplaces, radiators and other sources of fire and electricity. The tree should not block any exit.
- The outdoor lights should be used only outdoors and indoors lights for indoors and are correct voltages. Also make sure that the lights are certified after laboratory test and do not put the cords in the middle of the room.
- Before leaving the house or going for sleep, put off the lights of the Christmas tree.
- Keep a fire extinguisher ready for any emergency.