Speaking of candy canes, have you ever tried out making them at home? My mom used to make them every Christmas and so I would like to share the recipe with you.
- On a cookie sheet, thick coat of powdered sugar is sprinkled.1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup light corn syrup and 1 cup water is combined in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it reaches the soft-crack stage on the candy thermometer.
- After removing from heat, 1/2 tsp. peppermint oil and 2 or 3 drops of food coloring is added. Stir well.
- The liquid is poured over the cookie sheet in thin strips about 6 to 8 inches long. It should be cooled enough to handle.
- Roll into a rope shape and gently twist to make a hook on top.
- They are placed on a coated cookie sheet until hard.
- Finally wrap the candy canes in holiday plastic wrap and curling ribbons for decoartion.
Your candy cane is made and if you want more recipes then you there are lots of online sites that offer free recipes .